Compagnie Fruitiere Group was founded in 1939 and recently changed their UK arm to Compagnie Fruitiere UK Limited (formerly Dole Fresh UK Limited) in June 2014, as a result of the group acquiring the business from Dole Food Inc. in October 2008 and now moving their subsidiaries in line with the groups cooperate brand.
Prior to the acquisition the business had been owned by Dole Food Inc. since 2006. However, Dole's involvement in the company can be traced back to 1994 when it entered into a joint venture with The Jamaica Producers Group Limited, who had been trading in the UK since 1929 and were the original founders of the UK business, were the first importers of Jamaican bananas to the UK market.
In August 2009 CF Distribution Limited (formerly Compagnie Fruitiere UK) was integrated into Dole Fresh UK Limited (DFUK) business to give us the operation we have today known as Compagnie Fruitiere UK Limited (CFUK).
The CF Group is based in Marseilles, France and is one of the world's leading importers of fresh produce from West Africa. The company operates a number of its own farms in this part of the world and manages a sizeable shipping operation via African Express Lines (AEL).
For more information please see the links below:
- 1939 - Compagnie Fruitiere founded in Marseilles: an importer and wholesaler of fruits and vegetables. Compagnie Fruitiere quickly establishes itself as one of the leaders in the fruit industry.
- 1987-1991 - Acquired ownership of a private 3400 hectare banana and pineapple plantation in Cameroon.
- 1992 - Dole acquires 40% of the company assets but joint venture to develop banana and pineapple production.
- 1997 - Acquisition of The Société de Culture Bananière (SCB), Brand used for banana and pineapple plantation in the Ivory Coast. Where our premium SCB products were born.
- 2001 - Shipping company AEL launched (Africa Express Line), 8 vessels, 2 shipping lines.
- 2001 - Grands Domanies in Senegal (GDS) formed, the first horticulture company in Senegal.
- 2001 - Acquisition of Exofarm. Incorporated into the group as leading importer and distributor of exotic fruits from across the Globe.
- 2003 - Founded the first banana and pineapple plantation in Ghana, Golden Exotics Ltd
- 2006 - 4th production installation for Prepared Fresh Cut set up in Perpignan: Coeur de Fruit
- 2007 - Construction of the 1st ripening centre to be built in Morocco, Casablanca (CFDM)
- 2008 - Compagnie Fruitiere buys Dole France and Dole Fresh UK
- 2009 - Compagnie Fruitiere’s UK business transferred into Dole Fresh UK Limited
- 2011 - Compagnie Fruitiere buys Dole Spain and Dole Portugal
- 2011 - Golden Exotics Limited (GEL) receives accreditation from FLO to sell Fairtrade Bananas
- 2013 - Plantations du Haut Penja (PHP) also receives accreditation from FLO to sell Fairtrade Bananas
- 2014 - Compagnie Fruitiere Group celebrates its 75 year anniversary
- 2014 – Dole Fresh UK Limited change of company name to Compagnie Fruitiere UK Limited (CFUK) to link to the CF Group corporate brand